Lincoln county. This town is bounded by Damariscotta river on the E., and Sheepscot river on the W., and lies nearly opposite to Wiscasset across the latter river. 26 miles S.S.E. from Augusta. Population, 1837, 1,282. This town enjoys great facilities for navigation, the fisheries, ship building and the lumber business. It is a place of considerable trade. First settled, 1744.