County town of Essex county. Guildhall is situated on the W. side of Connecticut river, and is united to Lancaster, N.H., by two bridges across the river. The town is watered by several small streams.—The soil of the town is quite uneven and stony, except a tract of intervale on the river. Cow and Burnside mountains are considerable elevations, and afford excellent views of the meanderings of the Connecticut. Guildhall lies 50 miles N.E. from Montpelier and 90 N. by E. from Windsor. First settled, 1789. Population, 1830, 481.