East Kingston, New Hampshire
Rockingham county. Its soil is of an excellent quality, and well adapted to the cultivation of grain and grass. Powow river crosses the S.W. part of this town, having its sources in the ponds of Kingston. The town was incorporated Nov. 17, 1738. Rev. Peter Coffin was settled here in 1739. Population, 1830, 442. It lies 40 miles S.E. by E. from Concord and 20 S.S.W. from Portsmouth.