Kennebec county. Windsor was incorporated by the name of Malta, in 1809. In 1821 it took the name of Gerry, and in 1822 it received its present name. It lies 12 miles from Augusta, by which it is bounded on the west. Population, 1837, 1,660. Wheat crop, same year, 5,947 bushels.
This town is watered by the upper branches of Sheepscot river and by several handsome ponds. The surface of the town is diversified: the soil is generally good, and its agricultural condition improving. There are some manufactures in the town.