Caledonia county. This town was chartered in 1780, by the name of Littleton, which name it retained until 1797. It was first settled in 1787. It lies on the west side of Connecticut river, 32 miles E.N.E. from Montpelier, and 12 E.S.E. from Danville. Population, 1830, 1,358. The west part of the town is watered by the Passumpsic and the north border by Moose river. Here is a water power, and some manufactures. A part of the town borders on Fifteen Mile Falls, in Connecticut river. The banks of that river are steep at this place, and form but little intervale. The uplands are rough and stony, but good for sheep, of which 3,500 are kept.