Orleans county. First settled 1795. It is bounded on the N. by Lower Canada, and on the W. by Memphremagog lake. Clyde river, the outlet of Salem pond, affords it a good water power. This town is very pleasant, level, and fertile;—it has some manufactures;—the farmers are industrious and rear a large number of sheep. Derby is 50 miles N.N.E. from Montpelier and 15 N.N.E. from Irasburgh. Population, 1830, 1,469.