Plaistow, New Hampshire
Rockingham county. It lies 36 miles S.S.E. from Concord and 30 S.W. from Portsmouth. Plaistow was originally a part of Haverhill, Mass., and included in the purchase of the Indians in 1642. Among the first settlers were Capt. Charles Bartlett, Nicholas White, Esq., Dea. Benjamin Kimball and J. Harriman.—Their posterity now inhabit the town. After it became annexed to New Hampshire, a charter was granted in 1749. The soil of this town is good, being a mixture of black loam, clay and gravel. Population, in 1830, 591.