Peeling, New Hampshire
Grafton county. This town is 20 miles N. from Plymouth and 60 N. from Concord. The Pemigewasset passes through its E. section. The three branches of this river unite in the N. part of Peeling. There are several brooks and rivulets which supply this place with a number of mill privileges. The ponds are numerous. Cushman's mountain in the S.W., Black mountain in the N.W., and Blue mountain in the W. are the highest elevations. Among these mountains, branches of the Wild Amonoosuck and Baker's rivers, and Moosehillock brook, have their sources. On the last stream there is a beautiful cascade. There are here two springs which have been termed medicinal. Peeling was settled about 1773. Population, 1830, 291.