Marlborough, New Hampshire
Cheshire county, is bounded N. by Roxbury, E. by Dublin and Jaffrey, S. by Troy, W. by Swanzey and part of Keene. It is 6 miles S.E. from Keene and 55 S.W. from Concord. There are several ponds which are the sources of some of the branches of Ashuelot river.—The soil is rocky, but good for grazing. Marlborough was granted, 1751. The first settlement commenced about 1760. Incorporated Dec. 13, 1776. Population, in 1830, 822.