Derry, New Hampshire
Rockingham county. A fine grazing township, taken from Londonderry in 1828. The principal manufactures are linen thread and cloth, palm-leaf hats, and shoes. The village is very handsome, and a great thoroughfare for travellers. The soil is very productive, and the inhabitants are remarkable for their industry, general wealth and longevity. Derry lies 18 miles W.S.W. from Exeter and 25 S.E. from Concord. Population, 1830, 2,176.