Danville, New Hampshire
Rockingham county. It was incorporated February 22, 1760; formerly a part of Kingston, and until recently known by the name of Hawke. The soil is uneven, but in some parts good. Acchusnut river passes over the north west corner. Long pond lies in the east part, and Cub pond on the west side. The first settlements were made by Jonathan Sanborn, Jacob Hook, and others, between 1735 and 1739. Danville lies 33 miles S.E. of Concord and 10 S.W. of Exeter. Population, 1830, 528.