Worcester county. This town, the Indian Wopowage, is well watered by Charles and Mill rivers. It lies 28 miles S.W. by W. from Boston and 18 S.E. from Worcester. Incorporated, 1780. Population, 1837, 1,637. The soil is generally fertile, and the surface pleasantly diversified. The manufactures of the town, for the year ending April 1, 1837, amounted to $257,671. They consisted of cotton goods, leather, boots, shoes, chairs, tin and cabinet wares, straw bonnets, varnish, clothing, shoe pegs, wagon irons, and whips.