Hampden county. This town lies N. of Wilbraham, and is separated from it by Chickopee river. It is 84 miles W. by S. from Boston and 10 N.E. from Springfield. Incorporated, 1774. The Chickopee here is a large stream, and adds much to the beauty of the place. There are two cotton mills in the town, and manufactures of palm-leaf hats and ploughs: total value, in one year, $160,850. Population, 1837, 1,329.