Berkshire county. Dalton lies 120 miles W. from Boston and 13 N. by E. from Lenox. Incorporated, 1784. Population, 1837, 830. It is watered by the E. branch of Housatonick river. Its manufactures consist of woolen cloth, iron castings, paper, ($37,500,) leather, boots and shoes. Total amount in one year, $47,815. In 1837, the product of 4,238 sheep was 11,852 pounds of wool, valued at $5,725.