Somerset county. Starks is very pleasantly situated on the W. side of Kennebec river, and is also watered by the Sandy, which unites with the Kennebec at this place. This town possesses great resources in the fertility of the soil, its location for trade, and its mill privileges. It lies 37 miles N.N.E. from Augusta and 6 W. by N. from Norridgewock. Incorporated, 1795. Population, 1837, 1,424. Wheat crop same year, 7,614 bushels.