Chief town, Oxford county. Paris is well watered, and supplied with mill privileges by Little Androscoggin river, on which are several mills in the town. The soil is excellent, although in some parts uneven and mountainous. The principal village is well built, pleasantly located, and the seat of considerable business. The town was incorporated in 1793. Population, 1837, 2,352. Wheat crop, same year, 10,453 bushels. Paris lies 42 miles W. by S. from Augusta and 40 N. by W. from Portland.