Waldo county. This town is bounded on the east by Penobscot and Belfast bays. It is well watered by several ponds and small streams: the soil is good and productive. The navigable advantages of the place are great. Considerable ship building is carried out here, and there is considerable trade in the lumber and coasting business. It lies 46 miles E. from Augusta, and 6 S. from Belfast. Population, 1837, 1,107.