Piscataquis county. This town is watered by Piscataquis river and Wilson's stream. Monson comprises a fine tract of land, and is settled by a worthy class of people. Incorporated, 1822. Population, in 1837, 565. Wheat crop, same year, 2,267 bushels. It lies 83 miles N. by E. from Augusta and 20 N.W. from Dover. A stage runs between this town and Bangor, three times a week. Distance from Monson to Bangor, 60 miles; to Moosehead lake, 15.