Piscataquis county. This town is finely watered by the Piscataquis and some of its upper branches. It is of fine soil, and produced in 1837, 4,965 bushels of wheat. It has a pleasant village, a number of mills, and considerable trade. Guilford is 71 miles N. by E. from Augusta, 45 N.W. from Bangor and 12 N.W. from Dover. Incorporated, 1816. Population, 1837, 799.