Oxford county. This town is finely watered by a branch of Androscoggin river. It is bounded on the W. by Paris, and is 34 miles W. by S. from Augusta, and 50 N. by W. from Portland. Population, 1837, 1,618. The soil of this town is very good. Among its agricultural products, in 1837, it yielded 5,613 bushels of wheat.