Tolland county. Hop river, a branch of the Willimantic, waters this town. The village of Hebron, with its Gothic church, 20 miles S.E. from Hartford and 14 S. from Tolland, is pleasant and commands a good prospect. There are in the town 2 cotton, 1 woolen, and 1 paper mills; a large iron furnace and other manufactories. The surface of the town is hilly, but fertile. North pond in the S. part of the town is a handsome sheet of water. Hebron was first settled, 1704. Incorporated, 1707. Population, 1830, 1,939.