Litchfield county. An elevated township of a hard gravelly soil and uneven surface, on the line of Massachusetts; 31 miles N.W. from Hartford and 18 N.E. from Litchfield. The eastern part of the town is watered by Farmington river. Here are a number of good mill seats, and a manufactory of broadcloth. The village is very pleasant, having Mount Pisgah in the rear. First settled, 1765. Population, 1830, 1,332.