Shire town, Windsor county. This town was first settled about the year 1768. It is well watered by Queechy river and its branches, which propel a woolen mill, a scythe and axe factory, an establishment for the manufacture of woolen machinery, and several smaller manufacturing works.
The soil of the town is generally very fertile with a pleasant surface of hills and vales. The agricultural productions are large and valuable: they consist of beef, pork, butter, cheese, apples, cider and wool, of which 9,000 fleeces were shorn in 1837.
"Woodstock Green," so called, is a beautiful village. It is the seat of a flourishing country trade, and contains many very handsome buildings. The court house, planned, and built under the supervision of Ammi B. Young, Esq., a native architect of great promise, is one of the most chaste and classical structures in New England. The south village is neat and pleasant: it is about 5 miles from the "Green."
- Woodstock today is home to the Suicide Six ski area and resort.