Chittenden county. Richmond is 24 miles N.W. from Montpelier and 13 S.E. from Burlington. Population, 1830, 1,109. First settled, 1784. The town is finely watered by Onion and Huntington rivers, on the banks of which are good mill seats and large tracts of beautiful meadow. The village is neat, and the centre of considerable travel. The several religious denominations united here in building a curious looking meeting house; it has sixteen sides. This is a healthy place, and noted for the longevity of its inhabitants.