Lamoille county. This town lies 20 miles N. by W. from Montpelier and 6 S. from Hyde Park. First settled, 1790. Population, 1830, 1,315. The surface of the town is diversified by hills and valleys; the soil is good, particularly on the banks of Lamoille river, which affords some good water power. Here is a neat village, and considerable business. The people are generally farmers, and produce cattle, butter, cheese, and a large quantity of wool for market.