Windsor county. Black and Williams' river give this town a good water power. It is likewise watered by a number of large ponds well stored with fish. Ludlow was first settled in 1784. It lies 61 miles S. from Montpelier and 18 S.W. from Windsor. Population, 1830, 1,227.
The town is mountainous, but contains good land for the grazing of sheep and other cattle. The village is very pleasant, and the centre of considerable trade with the surrounding country. Some valuable minerals have been discovered here.
- Ludlow today is home to the Okemo Mountain ski resort.