Caledonia County, Vermont
Danville is the chief town.—Bounded E. by Connecticut river and Essex county; S. by Orange county; W. by Washington county; and N. by the county of Orleans. It contains about 700 square miles. Population, 1820, 16,669; 1830, 19,943. Inhabitants to a square mile, 28. Incorporated, 1792. The eastern range of the Green mountains extends through the western part of the county. It is watered by many fine streams, but the Connecticut and Passumpsic are its chief rivers. A large part of the county is high and good land; that along the rivers is excellent. It produces wheat and other grain, beef cattle, horses, and about 60,000 sheep. There are some sulphur springs in this county; limestone and granite are abundant.