Randolph, New Hampshire
Coos county. Until 1824 this town was called Durand. It is situated directly under the north end of the White mountains, its southeast corner bounding on the base of Mount Madison, the east peak of the range. Branches of Israel's and Moose rivers pass through it. The soil is in some parts good, but the town increases slowly in its settlements. It was granted August 20, 1772, to John Durand, and others, of London. Joseph Wilder and Stephen Jillson were the first settlers. Population, 1830, 78.