Milford, New Hampshire
Hillsborough county, is bounded E. by Amherst, and is 31 miles S. by W. from Concord. Milford lies on both sides of Souhegan river, which runs through the town from W. to E., forming a rich meadow or intervale, from 1/4 to 1/2 a mile wide. The banks of this river are annually overflowed, by which means, the soil, which is black and deep, is much enriched. This town has excellent water privileges and there is a valuable factory in the village. Population, 1830, 1,303.