Eaton, New Hampshire
Strafford county, lies 60 miles N.E. from Concord, and 55 N.N.E. from Dover, and is bounded E. by Maine. Population, 1830, 1,432. The soil of the uplands, which are quite uneven, is moderately good, and the plains furnish excellent pine timber. There are several small ponds in this town. Eaton was granted Nov. 7, 1776, to Clement March and 65 others.