New Marlborough, Massachusetts
Berkshire county. There is a large pond in this town and a branch of Housatonick river. The surface is uneven, and the soil best adapted for grazing. It was incorporated in 1759, and lies 135 miles S.W. by W. from Boston, and 20 S. by E. from Lenox. Population, in 1837, 1,570.
There are two caverns in this town, containing stalactites. The manufactures consist of leather, boots, shoes, chairs, cabinet ware, and a variety of sawed lumber.—The products of the dairy are considerable, and about 1,600 sheep are pastured.