Middlesex county. The Indians called this town Nashabah [Nashoba]. It is 27 miles W.N.W. from Boston and 10 N.W. from Concord. Incorporated, 1715. Population, 1837, 876. There are several beautiful ponds in the town, and limestone. The soil is tolerably good, and adapted for the growth of rye and hops. There are some manufactures of boots, shoes, and straw bonnets.