An elevated farming township on the Green mountain range, in Berkshire county. Westfield, Farmington, and Housatonick rivers receive the waters of several ponds in this town. It has some small manufactures, and about 7,000 sheep. The town was incorporated in 1765, and lies 110 miles W. from Boston, 15 E.S.E. from Lenox, and 23 W. from Northampton. Population, 1837, 957.