Washington county. This town was first settled about the year 1797, by Samuel Lard and Seth Leavitt. It lies 16 miles S.W. from Montpelier and 31 S.E. from Burlington. Population, 1830, 766. This town is watered by Mad river, and although between the two Green mountain ranges, the surface is not much broken; it has some good mill sites, and some mechanical operations by water. Many cattle are reared in the town, and about 4,000 sheep are kept.
- Warren today is home to the Sugarbush Resort ski slopes.