Windham county. The east and west branches of Deerfield river unite in this town, which, with the waters of Beaver and Cold brooks, and of Ray's pond, a large and beautiful sheet of water; a valuable mill power is produced. There are some fine tracts of land in the town, and a considerable portion that is rough and hard to till. There are a number of mills of various kinds in the town and a pleasant and thriving village.
Wilmington was settled before the revolutionary war, but increased slowly until the peace. It lies 46 miles S.S.W. from Windsor, 14 S.W. from Newfane, and 17 E. from Bennington. Population, 1830, 1,367.