Caledonia county. There is some good land in this town, but a great part of it is mountainous or hilly, and fit only for the pasturage of sheep, of which about 3,000 are kept. The streams flow N.W. into the Lamoille, and S.E. into the Passumpsic.
This town was granted in 1785, to the charity school at Dartmouth College, and named in honor of John Wheelock, who was, at that time, president of that institution. Wheelock lies 30 miles N.N.E. from Montpelier and 9 N. from Danville. Population, 1830, 834.