Orange county. This town is on elevated ground, with a rocky, strong soil, adapted to grazing. It contains much granite, and is watered by the upper branches of Wait's river, which propel a number of mills. The town was first settled in 1781. Population, 1830, 1,384. It is 19 miles S.E. from Montpelier, 47 N. from Windsor, and 15 N.E. from Chelsea.