Rutland county. This town lies 22 miles W. from Windsor and 9 S.E. from Rutland. Population, in 1830, 1,289. This is a mountainous township, having Shrewsbury Peak within its limits, a summit of 4,034 feet above the sea. Mill and Cold rivers and Peal's and Ashley's Ponds water the town, and fall into Otter Creek. There is some good land in this mountainous town and between three and four thousand sheep graze on its surface.