Windsor county. White river passes through Sharon and affords it an abundant water power. Here are mills for the manufacture of woolen goods, paper and other articles. It contains a handsome and flourishing village. The surface of the town is broken, but the soil is warm and productive. It keeps about 5,000 sheep. Sharon was first settled in 1763. Population, 1830, 1,459. It lies 22 miles N. from Windsor and 34 S. by E. from Montpelier.