Windsor county. The surface of this town is somewhat rough and mountainous, but the soil is good, particularly on the banks of White river, by which it is watered.
This town was first settled in 1771, and for many years endured great suffering from Indian hostility. This is an excellent township for grazing, and its agricultural products are considerable. It has a pleasant village and an academy.
Royalton is 30 miles S. from Montpelier and 25 N.N.W. from Windsor. Population, in 1830, 1,893.