Franklin county. This is a mountainous township at the N.E. corner of the county, on the line of Canada, and watered by Missisque river and its branches. It lies 50 miles N. by W. from Montpelier and 24 N.E. from St. Albans. There is some good land along the river; and the upland, though rough, affords good grazing. Population, 1830, 704. First settled, about 1790.