Windham county. This town is finely located on the west side of Connecticut river, and embosoms a large tract of excellent intervale land, called the "Great Meadows." There is also a good tract of intervale on Sacket's brook, a fine mill stream, with beautiful falls, on which are erected valuable mills for the manufacture of woolen goods, paper, and various other articles. Sacket's brook is a large and constant stream: it falls 150 feet in the course of 100 rods. Some of the mill sites are unoccupied. There are various mineral substances in the town, worthy of the notice of the geologist. The village is pleasant, and bears the marks of taste and prosperity. It lies 9 miles E. from Newfane and 9 N. from Brattleborough [Brattleboro]. First settled, 1754. Population, 1830, 1,510.