Windsor county. Two mountains in this town rise to a considerable elevation, one of which, Mount Tom, is quite abrupt. The soil is generally good for grazing, and considerable products of the dairy are sent to market. Black and Queechy rivers take their rise here, and afford mill privileges. There are a number of natural ponds in the town, which furnish a great supply of trout and other fish. Among the lime stone rocks which abound in this town are numerous caves, some of which are very large, and curious. Extensive beds of soapstone are found here. Plymouth lies 52 miles S. from Montpelier and 15 W. by N. from Windsor. Population, 1830, 1,237. First settled, 1776.
¶ In later times, gold has been found in Buffalo Brook near Plymouth.