Orange county. This town lies 12 miles S.E. from Montpelier and 12 N. from Chelsea. First settled, 1793. Population, 1830, 1,016.—The soil is cold, and better suited for grazing than grain. Knox's mountain lies in this town:—it is quite an elevation, and is composed principally of granite. Some of the quarries in the town produce excellent granite for building, and here are found plates of beautiful white mica, several inches square. The products of the town in cattle and wool are considerable.