Windsor county. This town lies on the west side of Connecticut river and is connected with Hanover, N.H. by a bridge. The surface of the town is uneven, but the soil is good for grain, pasturage and fruit. Ompomponoosuck river and other streams water the town and afford it good mill seats. First settled, 1763. Population, 1830, 2,316.—It lies 40 miles S.S.E. from Montpelier and 19 N. from Windsor.
Norwich village is pleasantly situated on a plain, near Connecticut river, and contains a university and a number of handsome buildings.