Lunenburgh [Lunenburgh], Vermont
Essex county. On the west side of Connecticut river, and watered by Neal's branch and pond, and Catbow branch;—good mill streams. Some of the land is very good, but most of it is stony, appearantly of diluvial formation, consisting of rounded masses of granite embedded in clay and gravel. This is a good grazing town, and produces some cattle, and butter and cheese for market. Population, in 1830, 1,054. Lunenburgh lies 45 miles E.N.E. from Montpelier and 8 S. from Guildhall.