Chittenden county. First settled 1774. Population, 1830, 1,654. Jerico lies 25 miles N.W. from Montpelier, and 12 E. from Burlington. This town lies on the N. side of Onion river, and is otherwise finely supplied with mill seats by Brown's river and other streams. The soil varies in quality, from good intervale, on the streams, to common grazing pastures, on the hills. There is a pleasant village at the falls, on Brown's river, and some manufactories.