Windsor county. This town is on the west side of the Connecticut, and is otherwise finely watered by White and Waterqueechy rivers. It lies 42 miles S.S.E. from Montpelier and 14 N. from Windsor. First settled, 1764. Population, 1830, 2,044. The surface of the town is uneven, but the soil is rich, warm, and very productive. The two principal villages are pleasantly located on the banks of the rivers that meet the Connecticut at this place, both of which are flourishing in manufactures and trade. Many cattle, beside pork, butter, cheese, &c., are sent to market from Hartford. In 1837 it had 13,207 sheep.