Windham county. This township is rather elevated, but of good soil, finely adapted for grazing. It is a place of considerable trade and of manufactures on its numerous streams. Its principal streams are Green river and a branch of the Deerfield. There are some handsome falls of water in Halifax, and a curious cave called Dun's Den. The productions of the town are butter, cheese, pork, sheep and other cattle. The cause of education flourishes here, and the people are generally independent cultivators of the soil. Halifax lies 125 miles S. from Montpelier, and 15 S. from Newfane. First settled, 1761.—Population, 1830, 1,562.