Windham county. Grafton is finely watered by Sexton's river, which is formed in the town by the union of several streams; and by a branch of Williams' river. On these streams are manufactures of woolen and other goods. Soap-stone of an excellent quality is very abundant in this place. It is manufactured by water power for various uses to a great extent: it is bored for aqueducts and sold at a very low price. This town contains two pleasant and flourishing villages, and a great variety of mineral treasure. Its surface is uneven with a strong and productive soil. Grafton was first settled, 1780. Population, 1830, 1,439. It lies 90 miles S. from Montpelier and 18 N. from Newfane.